I just wanted to send a heartfelt "thanks" to all of you who have worked on "Adventures in Odyssey."

I've been putting audio episodes on my 8-year-old granddaughter's iPod for a few weeks now. They completely absorb her. She listens to some episodes over and over.

Sydney's father was a soldier killed in action three years ago so I feel my time with her is especially important. On Mondays we'll go to dinner followed by a toy store or a book store and then I'll read to her for a bit. Last night she just wanted to keep driving around listening to AIO. We had a beautiful summer evening sharing those stories, driving through the Willamette Valley farm country, and watching the sunset together.

One of last night's episodes was "Memories of Jerry" where Jason Whittaker remembers his brother Jerry's last times with him before Jerry's death in Vietnam. What a comforting story for a child who lost her father in war and wonders why he felt he had to go. Just a few episodes before that, we listened to "Letting Go" which is another episode very applicable to Sydney's life right now.

The teaching, encouragement, humor and comfort provided by AIO is humanly incalculable. Thank you and keep up the fabulous work.

YBIC,
Rich Strange
Portland, OR

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Being a part of this show has been the biggest blessing of my life. I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be a part of it.

RSS

© 2021   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service