Can anyone share with me some great VO exercises you might warm up with in class?

I'm hoping to find some fun warmups for my students...other than tongue twisting word clusters!

I know of one that you start out by saying your name...then adding a location (accent) to that name...then adding an emotion etc...

Any other good ones out there??

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,

John

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bah di guh bah di guh bah di guh bah di guh .... what you listed above (to me) doesn't really sound like a warm up. It sounds more like some kind of practice technique.... a tongue twister that is easy to remember that should get the mouth and mind working in sync is TOY BOAT. Most people can't even say it twice, fast.

my buddy Rodney Saulsberry has some great tongue tongue twister on youtube.
Try these:

dee doo dah doh day - ree roo rah roh ray

Good Blood - Bad Blood
Bad Blood - Good Blood

Red Leather - Yellow Leather
Mamma made me mash my m&ms!! Say that 10x and go higher each time!

One of my favorites is "She stood on the balcony, inimitably mimicking him hiccuping, and amicably welcoming him in." 

Also:

The Leith police dismisseth us
They thought we sought to stay; 
The Leith police dismisseth us
They thought we'd stay all day.
The Leith police dismisseth us,
We both sighed sighs apiece; 
And the sighs that we sighed as we said goodbye
Were the size of the Leith police.

I find certain clusters start to be a problem on long pieces where I start getting tired. "tr" in words like "traditional" can start to slide toward "chr". Then it's more about taking a break and relaxing for a bit. I find it happens more if there's another factor that's stressing me out. Like finding that my English script doesn't line up with the Turkish film because somebody decided they needed to change some things *after* the translated script was finalized. I get pissy when I have to spend studio time listening to the voice track and writing out new paragraphs of script. :)))

RSS

© 2018   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service