Time: November 20, 2009 at 6:30pm to November 22, 2009 at 5pm
Location: The VoiceActing Academy Studios
Street: 13639 Freeport Road
City/Town: San Diego, CA
Website or Map: http://www.voiceacting.com
Event Type: weekend, performance
Organized By: Penny Abshire
Latest Activity: Nov 19, 2009
There's just no better place to learn everything you'll need to give your VO career a kick start (or a kick in the butt)
in just one intensive weekend!
The VoiceActing Academy
Weekend Performance Workshop
* Are you just getting started in your voiceover career or have you been doing this a while and want better results?
* This comprehensive (and intensive) 2-day course is specifically designed to give you the information and skills you simply must have to be successful. It is guaranteed to jump start your career in voiceover.
* Based on James R. Alburger's best-selling book The Art of Voice Acting, this intensive 2-day workshop is unmatched in quality and personal attention from not just one, but TWO of the nation's top coaches, James R. Alburger and Penny Abshire.
To read what others are saying about the VoiceActing Academy Workshops, click HERE!
What You'll Need to Know
DATES: November 21st - 22nd (*eve. of the 20th)
TIME: 9am - 6pm (Sat and Sun)
*Plus a 3 hour pre-event on Friday November 20th
LOCATION: The VoiceActing Academy Studios San Diego
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 10 actors.
The VoiceActing Academy Performance Weekend is the same basic content as our 8-week San Diego Performance Class, but has less lecture, more unique exercises and plenty of mic time for those who want a more intensive experience and faster results. A 95-page workbook of notes, scripts, and more is included.
o Learn what the voiceover business is all about,and what you'll need to become a successful performer and business person
o Learn the performing skills you need to have to make money as a full-time or part-time voiceover artist.
o Learn how to "get off the page" when working with any script
o Learn how to market your talent to producers and agents
o Each section of this intensive 2-day workshop focuses on a specific area of voice-over:
1. The Seven Core Elements of Voiceover Performance & other techniques - The tools you really need!
2. Telling the Story - Finding emotion and drama in any script
3. Character Voices, Part 1: How to create interesting and unique "real-people" character voices
4. Character voices, Part 2: More "real-people" and character voices for animation and special applications
5. Developing Listening and Responding Skills - The key to a conversational style
6. Improvisation and Single-Voice Scripts
7. Dialogue and Multiple Voice Scripts
8. Finding the Story in complex technical scripts.
To read more about what's included in this intensive workshop HERE!
To register online, click HERE
or call 858.484.0220
M-F 10am-5pm PT*