Joe Cipriano is the voice of Broadcast and Cable Networks, Syndication Shows, Game Shows and TV's biggest Live Events. This demo showcases his Promo work.

Favorite of 1 person

Comment by Joey Pepin on November 8, 2011 at 5:46pm

lookin' and soundin' great Joe!

Comment by Dave Hoffmann on November 8, 2011 at 5:17pm

Hi Joe!

Fantastic VIDEO demo!  It's ideas like these that keep you on top.

Comment by Joe Cipriano on November 7, 2011 at 8:26pm

haha...thanks everyone.  One comment I wanted to pick up on...George mentioned the "versatility"  That is one of the most important things I look at when putting together an audio demo or in this case a video demo.

First of all you have to stay true to the genre...in this case it's a "promo" demo.  So, everything in the demo is promo and promo only.  Sometimes we are tempted to add something else because "it's just a good read that you love" and even though it's from a commercial or even from a theatrical trailer you consider throwing it in there. Don't do it, keep it true to the genre.  Someone casting for a promo voice doesn't want to hear you doing a commercial...or a narration...or even a trailer.  They are listening for a voice do do their PROMOS.  Don't make them think their wasting their time.

Now, versatility.  When I'm planning out the flow of a new demo I look at making it as diverse as possible. I look for reads that are uptempo broad-comedy, drama, dramedy, BIG voice, light voice, soft voice...I want to show as many various styles as I possibly can within the genre (promo).  Once I have all of those elements, I then look at the order of placement within the demo.  I believe the first 15 seconds of your demo is the most important.  This video demo is a little different because I'm relying on the "video" to hook the listener in and make them stay a little longer.  On a purely audio demo those first 15 ticks are so important.  I try to get in at least three variables within the that time period...a comedy uptempo, maybe a drama read and perhaps a soft read.  If I only get them for 15 seconds I want them to at least know that I can do a few different reads and that I can do them well.  So, I put my best stuff up front in audio demos.  Anything after 15 seconds is bonus in my mind...if I can keep them listening for a minute that's a real win!

So, there ya go.  Hope that helps/inspires.  Joe

Comment by Gerald McBride on November 7, 2011 at 6:37pm
AWESOME WORK JOE!
Comment by Sini Manner on November 7, 2011 at 12:30pm

Joe I don't know you but I see that you're very expressive... you're a shoe-in for Dancing on Ice!

;DD

Comment by Sini Manner on November 7, 2011 at 12:27pm
..youi're on the oncology ward, everyone's got cancer...! whooa hot, I never knew our Mr Laurie was such a charmer!!
Comment by George "Apollo" Fetherbay on November 7, 2011 at 10:23am

Awesome Demo..... what versatility in delivery!

Comment by David W Stone on November 6, 2011 at 9:58pm
I am not worthy to let my eyes see this video, nor to have my ears hear the audio.
Comment by Milene Silva on November 6, 2011 at 9:43pm

You're fantastic, Joe!

Comment by Michael Reagan on November 6, 2011 at 6:52pm

Looooookin & soundin gooooood!  Thanks for sharing it with us Joe.