Golden Voice - spoof - voiced by Larry Davis

Golden Voice macaroni skit on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Comment by Sini Manner on January 27, 2011 at 5:49pm

Yeah don't worry Larry... I know. Just took the opportunity to say my piece. :))

& it is bl**dy funny - I really like the "hot hot hot" segment when he's got his hands in the mac - well done :))

Comment by Larry Davis on January 27, 2011 at 3:34pm

No Sini,

That's not me on the UK ads.  I wish the best for Mr. Williams....I was just called in to do a job.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.  My best to you all. LD

Comment by Sini Manner on January 27, 2011 at 2:22pm
Damn. Actually, I'm heading to the kitchen to make some mac n cheese guys!
Comment by Sini Manner on January 27, 2011 at 2:18pm

Aww, that was mean. Funny. But mean.

We here in the UK tend to be a helluva lot more cynical than you lovely folks, so all the 'heartwarming' stories several weeks ago were abit bleurgh. Poor guy indeed, such a terrible shame that *anyone* is living on the streets. But its gonna take a darn site more than a media *discovery*  & viral video to rehabilitate years worth of addictive & destructive tendencies. Think how much pressure the poor guy is now under, having all this attention thrust upon him, when clearly he isn't yet able or ready to change. He may be homeless but I doubt whether he enjoys it. Thing is, he won't have the capability to make a change. He needs counselling & coaching to eradicate the negative tendencies that took him to the "dark side" in the first place & perhaps he just isn't ready. A second in the spotlight is not going to be that change. Poor dude.

Funny clip really - perhaps I'm just hormonally sentimental today :))

Hey Larry, speaking of Morgan Freeman, are you currently "MoreThan Freeman" on our UK screens (insurance ad).

Comment by Ron Levine on January 26, 2011 at 11:06pm
It's sad that Ted has left rehab, but if he wasn't really ready for help nobody could help him, even going in to rehab was part of the circus that surrounded him. Any way very nice job Larry as always
Comment by Cowboy Dave on January 26, 2011 at 9:11pm
Nice going Larry. I talked to a friend of Ted's earlier this morning & he has some surprises for the VO community, coming soon.
Comment by Dave Hoffmann on January 26, 2011 at 4:38pm
Wow!  Nice job Larry!  Is there any voice you can't do?  Nice work!
Comment by Jason McCoy on January 26, 2011 at 3:15pm
Congrats Larry!  Great work!  Hopefully Ted can get the help and make the changes required to truly enjoy his new found success.
Comment by Larry Davis on January 26, 2011 at 2:27pm
I'm also sorry he left rehab.  I truly hope he's able to find his way.  This job was so much fun.  I got to adlib most of it.  The staff at Jimmy Kimmel are always so great to me.  They treat me like gold.  This is my 23rd time being on the show so I feel like family now.  I usually do my Morgan Freeman, Movie Trailer, or other characters.  This is my first attempt at the Ted Williams sound.  Thanks everyone - PLEASE connect with me and check out my demos here on VU.  I love talking to and staying in touch with other voice talent.
Comment by Michael Ray Davis on January 26, 2011 at 1:59pm
Try to remember the great line in the "Fugitive" movie when Tommy Lee and Harrison are in the drain system, and Harrison Ford said, "I did not kill my wife!. And Tommy Lee replied, "* **** ****!" Pretty much my thoughts on "TW"