Voice Actor, Copy Writer, Studio Engineer, Creative Director, Agency, Linguist
HERE'S A LITTLE ABOUT ME AND MY VOICE OVER EXPERIENCE
Name: Somesh Thakur.
Current Designation: Director, Illuminus Media Pvt. Ltd.
Music samples at: http://myspace.com/someshthakur
Discography & studio production experience:
Specialization: Lyricist, composer, musician, vocalist, dubbing artist / VO (voiceovers), producer, audio engineer & mastering engineer. Studio experience spans 16 years in various studio locations all over India as well as international collaborations.
Note: all points below are arranged in the order of most recent to distant past (present – 1995) –
• Producer, arranger, songwriter and engineer for “Let’s Go, GVO” theme song for GVO web hosting company based at San Antonio, Texas, USA (Sept. 2010).
• Producer, arranger, songwriter and engineer for “APS Theme Song” for Acme People Search – search engine in USA – company based in Herndon, Virginia, USA.
• Producer, arranger, performing artist & engineer for over 100 songs and other productions for an international production house (Aurora Production AG Switzerland) over 15 years (1995-to present)
• Interviewed on live radio music show (Nubeat) in Africa (2002 & 2009)
• Producer / script-writer for 26 radio dramas (1995-2009)
• Editor / music producer / animator / visual effects coordinator / chief production supervisor for short film “The Webguru” – produced for an international youth programme.
• Producer/VO artist /engineer for first 6 episodes of Hindi version of Grandpa Jake’s value-based animated video series for children (Feb-Mar 2009), under assignment from Sunny Side-up Entertainment, USA.
• Wrote, recorded and produced 35 songs in various styles between 2006 Nov – 2010 Feb. for international production house (Aurora Production AG Switzerland).
• From 2007-2009 involved in creating motivational music for youth, children, as well as promotional videos, narrations, dramas, animation / VFX, etc.
• Finished setting up new audio project studio in Bangalore (2006 end).
• Produced video semi-documentary (video / animation / music) for orientation programme geared towards international volunteers visiting India – to familiarize them with the various traditions, customs, etc. in India. Length – 1.25 hours. (Included music score, video special effects, sound design, audio & video mastering).
• Shifted base to Bangalore from Delhi in 2004, mostly involved in voluntary work and community projects as well as learning video editing / animation / VFX.
• Producer, dubbing artist and engineer for 13 episodes of internationally acclaimed children’s video series ‘Treasure Attic’ (dubbed Hindi language version) (1998-2004)
• Co-producer, lead vocalist, musician and technical consultant for international fusion album “Flame” (2001), with album recordings coordinated in Japan, India, USA and Brazil.
• On location reporter and contributing author during Jeremy Spencer India tour 2000 for Mix magazine (international magazine for audio and music industry professionals) and Tape-Op (technical web-zine for audio professionals).
• Live concert recording engineer and post-production engineer for Jeremy Spencer (founder member, Fleetwood Mac, well-known British band) India tour (2000)
• Set up project studio in 1998 (New Delhi).
• Coached aspiring professional singers on vocal techniques, diction, enunciation, accent and voice projection (1995-2010)
• Began studio career in 1995 in Delhi. Was involved in music recording projects in studios in Delhi and Bombay during 1995-1996.
English, Hindi, Bengali, but within our company, we can do any language.
I know you’ve been a member of Voiceover Universe for a few weeks, but I wanted to introduce one of our groups to you.
Looking for some fresh ways to market yourself? Should you be in a Pay-To-Play site? Do you need an agent? How can you maximize your current client relationships? How do you find your niche? We're all either asking these questions or have some insight to help others.
I hope you'll check out and join a group called MARKETING FOR FUN AND PROFIT. It's a group dedicated to discussing ways we can market ourselves - what works; what doesn't. You’ll find some very interesting ideas and concepts there! And we would appreciate your input. Click here for the link: MARKETING FOR FUN AND PROFIT!
Thanks for your time! I trust our paths will cross soon!
I am delighted to be among the first to welcome you to VoiceOver Universe! You have joined a great community filled with talented and very generous people. You'll love it here!
I'd also like to invite you to join my VU Group, Positive Thinkers UNITE. It's a great place to get positive reinforcement and encouragement. We welcome all forward thinking voice actors to join. We hope you will count yourself among us!
Check out the other groups as well by rolling over FORUM at the top of the page and choosing GROUPS from the drop down menu. There are so many GREAT ones!
I wish you the best of luck in your VO career. If I can be of any help, please let me know.