A place to share the great experiences that have happened as a direct result of Positive Thinking. Also quotes and inspiring stories to encourage others. Need a boost? This is the place to get it! All positive thinkers are welcome!
HERE'S A LITTLE ABOUT ME AND MY VOICE OVER EXPERIENCE
For over a decade, Lauren Synger has been a self-promoting professional female voice talent. She is a classically trained vocalist and actress who exceeds at bringing her acting talent, enthusiasm, and professionalism to everything she does. Her responsiveness to direction, sense of rhythm and timing, intuition, and versatility enable her to offer fast turn-around and a wide variety of character voices and vocal styles.
National work includes voice for radio and tv commercials for Harley Davidson Sales Company, The Sea Witch in Rage of the Gladiator on the Nintendo Wii, 6 playable characters for Savage 2 and Heroes of Newerth by S2Games, App Instructions for the IPhone (Closet Friend and Pinball), and VO for ZapiDoodles by Violight.
For the past 11 years, she has voiced over 50 characters (including Ann Darrow in King Kong, Miss Simpkins in the Airborn series, Queen Ivi in Fairest, Empress Berenene in Will of the Empress, The Squijum (a squirrel-monkey type creature), Flensa the Dwarf, Princess Arianna, and Allura in The Unicorn Chronicles, and The title character in The Light Princess), and other characters of various accents (British, New York, Southern, French), ages (baby, child, teenager, young woman, mother, old woman), and species (from animal to alien) for multi award winning audio-book production company Full Cast Audio whom she remains employed with today.
In addition to her character work, she has also written (Open Hand Theater), directed, and produced (Visiting Nurse Association of CNY, Bookvaria) commercials and audio books. She has recorded instructional CDs, Audio Imaging for a multitude of businesses, corporate and technological Business Presentations and Corporate Videos, IVRs (English/Spanish, English/French Bilingual), animated and audio productions, website and DVD narration, and commercial advertising on radio and television (Harley Davidson & Burdick Car Dealership). She has also performed with and recorded for established and aspiring musicians (including Todd Hobin and Hans Storsberg), sung the National Anthem at the National Press Club for the launch of the Internet, and even recorded demos for a work-in progress musical! Her current projects include videogames, audio books, commercials, music/lyric writing and arrangement, corporate videos, scripting, directing, producing, and audio imaging for businesses.
RECENTLY BOOKED PROJECTS
• Visiting Nurse Association of CNY, Open Hand Theater, Dunk & Bright, Burdick Car Dealership, Sacco Eye group and more
• Bookvaria (Narrator, Annie, Danny, Drabblecast Podcast Short Stories (Going to the Chapel/Something Borrowed, Something Doomed)
• Character Voices for Videogames Include:
- Nintendo Wii- Medusa (sea witch)- Rage of the Gladiator- Ghostfire Games - Nintendo Wii (release date- Fall 2009)
- Online PC- Andromeda, Valkyrie, Succubus, Dark Lady (assassin Sai), Faerie Nymphora, The Defiler(Mistress of the Damned), Princess Ophelia - S2 Games- Heroes of Newerth- online PC (in production)
- Animation- ICAN (Voice of ICAN)- AIM Studios, Hong Kong
• Full Cast Audio Portfolio of 50+ voices Includes:
- Mirian C Cooper’s King Kong: Ann Darrow
- Tamora Pierce: Will of the Empress: Empress Berenene
- Ursula Vernon’s Nurk: Dragonfly Princess Scatterwings
- George MacDonald’s The Light Princess: The Light Princess
- Gail Carson Levine’s Fairest: Queen Ivi and Aza’s Illusing
- Geraldine McCaughrean's Heroes Series: Odysseus: Penelope; Thesues: Athena, Medea; Hercules: Baby Hercules, Vice, and Iole
- Bruce Coville: Unicorn Chronicles: The Squijum, Flensa the Dwarf, Princess Arianna, & Allura; Moongobble Series: Queen of the Monsters, Baby Prince, Felicity, Witch; Biscuits of Glory: Elvira Thistledown;
- Kenneth Oppel’s Airborn, Skybreaker, Starclimber: Miss Simpkins
SINGING & MUSIC:
• Original Collaborative Songwriter/ Lyricist: Current
• Original Songwriter/ Lyricist: “We Don’t Need Music to Dance”
Audie Award Finalists: King Kong: Ann Darrow (finalist audio drama 2007); Gilbert and Sullivan Set Me Free: Ruby, Mary, various voices (finalist 2006);Shakespeare’s greatest Hits Volume One: Helena, Witch, Lady Capulet (finalist 2003)
Audie Award Winners: Airborn: Miss Simpkins (winner 2007- children's titles 12 and up) and (finalist in 2 other categories)
Audie Award 2009 Nominees: Fairest: Queen Ivi and Asa's illusing, Skybreaker: Miss Simpkins
Sun Moon Stars Rain: Various Voices
Singing: Bachelor of Music in Voice, Minor in Modern Languages, studied private voice with Catherine Huntress-Reeve, David Parks, Joan Kaplon
Voice Acting: Private lessons with Audio Godz Lani Minella, Edge Studio voice acting workshop and private lessons with David Goldberg
Character voices, accents, dialects, basic singing and speaking knowledge in foreign languages, esp Spanish. (Language Familiarity in French, Italian, German, and Japanese)
Fast turn-around time, Professional Studio for Recording (Rode NTK, Soundforge, Acid Xpress, Samplitude), Portfolio available, Demo available
*available upon request
English (North American)
extensive range of vocal styles include: professional, personable, friendly, soothing, comforting, energetic, easy-going, sexy, and sensual.
(You need to create that character with your experience!!!)
Welcome to Voiceover Universe! You'll meet some old friends and make some new ones around here!
I hope you'll check out and join a group that we started not too long ago called MARKETING FOR FUN AND PROFIT. It's a group dedicated to discussing ways we can market ourselves - what works; what doesn't. With your experience, you would be a tremendous resource! The link is: www.voiceoveruniverse.com/group/marketingforfunandprofit
Thanks for your time! I trust our paths will cross soon!