HERE'S A LITTLE ABOUT ME AND MY VOICE OVER EXPERIENCE
I've been in the voicework/broadcast business since the mid 1980's, lending talent to PSAs, Radio and TV ads (everything from dry cleaning to perfume ads), Documentaries, Radio and TV news stories and Morning Radio bits. Started in 1989 as an official Army Broadcast Journalist after formal training; the last 7 years as a Pentagon spokesman which landed me a great gig as the Army's official Master of Ceremonies at the Pentagon for ceremonies and events.
RECENTLY BOOKED PROJECTS
Notable over the last five years:
- Voiced official documentary of Medal of Honor Recipient Sgt. 1st Class Paul R. Smith
- Master of Ceremonies for TigerDen Martial Arts tournaments, promotion ceremonies - largest martial arts organization in Northern VA.
- Handpicked above all others as Master of Ceremonies for the 2010 NAACP Military Awards Banquet, Kansas City.
- Panel Discussion Moderator, Sexual Assault Prevention Summit
- Panel Discussion Moderator, Diversity and Equal Opportunity Symposium
- Official Master of Ceremonies and "Voice of God" at 76 different Pentagon events in 2010 alone. Most are presided over by the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of the Army and Chief of Staff of the Army.
- Currently working on preparations for the 2011 Army Ball where I will again be Master of Ceremonies; this annual event is attended by the President and other VIPs
English (basic non-dialect midwestern)
very basic Korean
Clear, articulate with excellent resonance; not quite bass but with excellent low and near-high ranges/register.
DIALECTS, Character voices and vocal impressions
Multiple accents and dialects - I've been doing radio bits since the 1980's. British, Irish, Scottish, German accent, Italian accents (with variations), Gangsta/Ebonics, Texan dialect, Georgian dialect, Mexican/Spanish dialect, straight forward news announcing, dramatic movie intros, game show host styles, serious docu-drama style delivery, comedic delivery.
VOICES I AM ABLE TO PERFORM
Senior Male, Middle Age Male, Young Adult Male, Teenage Boy, Child Male
Welcome to Voiceover Universe! You'll meet some old friends and make some new ones around here!
Looking for some fresh ways to market yourself? Should you be on a Pay-To-Play site? Do you need an agent? Want some creative inexpensive ways to get the word out on you? How can you maximize your current client relationships? How do you find your niche? We're all either asking these questions or have some insight.
I hope you'll check out and join a group called MARKETING FOR FUN AND PROFIT. It's a group dedicated to discussing ways we can market ourselves - what works; what doesn't. You’ll find some very interesting ideas and concepts there! And we would appreciate your input. Click here for the link:MARKETING FOR FUN AND PROFIT!
Thanks for your time! I trust our paths will cross soon!
I am so happy to be among the first to welcome you to VoiceOver Universe! You have joined a great community filled with talented and very generous people. You'll love it here!
I'd also like to invite you to join my VU Group, Positive Thinkers UNITE. It's a great place to get positive reinforcement and encouragement. We welcome all forward thinking voice actors to join. We hope you will count yourself among us!
Check out the other groups as well by rolling over FORUM at the top of the page and choosing GROUPS from the drop down menu. There are so many GREAT ones!
I wish you the best of luck in your VO career. If I can be of any help, please let me know.
No comments yet!
This Ning App is not visible to members on the Main page.