...well of course it is... everyone seems fascinated with the process...

So what is it that's so much "fun"?

I tend to be simplistic and sometimes downright "country" in my presentations...
close friends love to chide my use of terminology and plain old torture of Amercian English...

Therefore "fun" could mean "JOY"
why would I want to write on "The Joy of Music"... there's already a lot of books on "JOY"...

But FUN???

All the greats I ever met and learned from had "FUN" at the very core of their reason for choosing music as a career...

Barney Kessel once told me never become a "sausgae grinder"... his reasoning was don't choose to be famous for one sound, one style, one lick...choose instead to have fun... go in there and be yourself... have fun. I never became a studio player... I wanted to, but for me it just wasn't fun. Sometimes though....

Jack Walrath of Mingus fame... Jack is a trumpet player and worked as Mingus' second for a time... he composed an album based on Mayan / Incan music scales... it wasn't "new agey" at all... it was funky, hot and non stop "heavy" baby...

Jack told me he only did it because it was fun...

Life has a penchant for making us old... NO ONE wants to admit "old"... it ain't no fun.

So don't get old. You don't NEED anything to make music.... just your own imagination and your voice, your hands feet, fingers, and... Well...I'll stop there...

As silly as it does sound... "FUN" keeps us young... keep playin brothers and sisters... Keep Playin...

When you need someone to do it for you... We'll be Here

Take Time
Take Note
Make Music

PS: the attached file may be the reason that little guy at the head of the group looks the way he does....

Views: 27

Attachments:

© 2019   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service