Hi Gang!
Just curious how many of us here would be interested in getting together and practicing our art? VOWOL ( Voice Over Work Out Lounge) like but with out the cost of a studio? Meet at a coffee shop or something ? Have a meet and greet and then practice?? How many think this would/could be feasible?

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

I have a place in Worcester that I teach yoga in - an old Catholic church gym that's almost never used. It has bathrooms and would probably only cost us $50 to rent for a few hours. It's not beautiful but lots of space and great acoustics! We could all bring food or just head out to a restaurant after practicing. Watchathink?
i'd make an effort to attend. How many of us would there be ? Wonder if it's necessary to set up space when most of us have some kind of studio. Damn, i haven't been to Worcester in a couple of decades. I worked there for 7 years..
Your not missing much ;). I offered Worcester b/c I thought it would be central for many in the NE area. I'd say we can just do it in my studio but it's small so more than 4 people and we'd be, um, cozy. Plus we're in the process of selling and moving so I'm not sure I'll even have a studio here by then. I'm up for traveling anywhere, though.
We could fit 8 or so into the prod room I use at AAF. I'm sure management would be cool with us having a get together there. Jeff...you get to see what the old place has morphed into over the years. A little different from the Worcester days :)
Sounds good to me!
haha - the prod studio i used at 'AAF was in the corner at 19 Norwich St - into which you could possibly squeeze 6 adults. I interviewed Dee Snider in that room back when he had hair like "Cousin It". The setup was brilliant however - props to Dom Bordonaro, genius engineer.

Presume today you have at least 5 or 6 more square feet of floor space than we had back then :)
perhaps a VO Work Out followed by wandering amongst the pumpkins in the puckerbrush?
http://www.milfordpumpkinfestival.org/home.html
John, that sounds great but I can't make it to that. Perhaps others will join you!
Hey Anthony~

Sounds like a great idea. Always looking to further develop skills and network....with new friends. How about an old lighthouse in Maine? Oh well.....I can travel.

Thumbs up

~James
Or, at the very least, carpool, eh?

Admittedly, I'm a little late to this party!  :)

Im wondering:  Are any of you guys still getting together for this?  If not, is anyone still interested in doing this?  I would love to get a VO workout group going to keep our minds and voices limber and our acting chops sharp. 

Rich

RSS

© 2019   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service