You know you're a voice talent when:
1. You have a chronic case of headphone hair.
2. You catch yourself repeating lines you hear in commercials.
3. You believe mouth ticks can kill you.
4. A one take is like a hole in one.
5. You know what it means to rock the mic.
6. You've done a few takes and then realized you weren't recording.
7. You hate P words.
8. You plan to do this for the rest of your life.
9. You wear quiet clothes.
10. You think a great mic is the Holy Grail.
(from my blog at www.danhurst.com)
Love it! Right on! May I add a few?
2. A. You know every slug line for every advertiser past and present.
2. B. You sing jingles and the "Intel chime" and the like, when you hear spots.
2. C. You find yourself practicing disclaimers "taxes additional, price and participation may vary, limited time offer."
Heh, heh, heh!!!
...and one of my favorites in car commercials: "Only one available at this price."
Hi Dan - What a humorous blog! I really have to remember to take off the bangle bracelets!
You are spot on with this one. Thanks for the smiles.
12. Your office is a spare bedroom...your breakroom is the living room and the employee cafeteria is your kitchen where you enjoy water cooler chat with your dog :)
13. It's 2pm and after a long day of work you realize you are still in your PJ's
Ah yes...truer words were never spoken! (hate headphone hair, for sure!!!) Made me laugh today...
One other addition to your list...You haven't seen the top of your desk for some time now, since it's completely covered with worked over scripts and notes, and ...whatever else you needed in the last century.
Boy! Isn't that the truth about the covered desk!!! Mine's a mess. It's embarrassing! Looks like a paper mill threw up.
Number 2 addict here!