Here's an interesting thought I just had after doing my favorite GRATIS gig.

I consider it a privilege to periodically voice and produce a spot for the American Lung Association at no charge.  In my mind it's a gift - to an organization that I'm interested in.  My mom has Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and I'm eager to help find a cure to this progressive lung disease that kills 40,000 people a year.  Notable victims are: Marlon Brando, James Doohan (Scotty on Star Trek), Peter Benchly (Jaws), Robert Goulet, Gordon Jump (WKRP) and many more.

I do it because I like to and can.

Do you give back?  Where?  Why?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

My dad and I have volunteered for various charities. So far I have just done one PSA for an abuse hotline. If anyone knows of any that need help me my dad or my little brother (who is 9 but done lots of paid jobs) will be happy to help.

I have volunteered for RFB&D for going on 3 years now.  Once a week, a two-hour shift.  In addition to being a FANTASTIC non-profit serving a dire need, it has helped me hone my narration skills, and has also opened doors for me for paying narrations.

I do pro bono workshops for Screen Actors Guild and Aftra each year. I give scholarships to students regularly. I voice spots for many charities and non-profits. Let me know if you need me. And also, folks. I donate money to VU monthlyl You should do the same. Listen up.

Bettye

VoicesvoicesLLC

I am a Past President of my local Junior League and recently was the live auctioneer at our fundraiser.  I was happy to help out because the Junior Leagues have on-going worthwhile projects as well as programs in development that improve our communities considerably.  I have also voiced our local Pet Rescue's annual wrap-up video because we adopted the sweetest dog (Sandy) from them and they are an amazing group of people dedicated to saving the lives of animals and finding them good homes.   I do all of this because it makes me feel good too!

I've been with Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic for 3 years. I am very thankful for my eyes. I value them and life for me would be so very different if I was either blind or dyslexic. So I "give back" by using my healthy voice and eyes for those who live without.

RSS

© 2019   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service