Hey all,

There's got to be a discussion about what everyone uses to keep healthy.  I discovered this year a regimen that has kept me healthy and my pipes working ALL WINTER with no colds, sore throat, sinus junk or anything.  I work with people who have been sick, and I have elementary aged kids.

What do you do to keep your pipes (and body) healthy and "bug" free?

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Echinacea!
Please do share that awesome regimen! I recently caught my daughter's cold and it's lingering and lingering and...well still here. Ugh. This is the only time I'm glad to not be living my dream right now...hard to work with congestion!

And for any other out there who've had luck kicking a cold to the nasal curb, please chime in!
Here's what we've done this winter that seemingly has done wonders to keep our family healthy.

Our local CBS affiliate has a medical editor that I catch from time to time and I'm grateful that I did that evening.
He mentioned something that some doctors use to prevent colds while seeing many patients that are contagious.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Your doctor should be consulted if you have any questions.

*****Take the Following daily:*****
Vitamin D. Do your own research as to how much to use, but consider that a half hour in bright sunshine can produce as much as 20,000 IU in your body. Vitamin D deficiency begins in fall as days get shorter and our lives take us inside more and more. (I think that's why cold/flu season begins in the fall and winter.)

Vitamin C. I typically take between 2000 and 6000 mg of this every day. Side effects can be upset stomach.

Astragalus. Follow the instructions on the Bottle.

Zinc. Either lozenges or pill. 30-50 mg per day.

**** I add the following if I feel the beginning symptoms of a cold. ******

Echinacea. There are a number of studies that seem to indicate that continued use of echinacea has no benefits but taken at the onset of cold symptoms it seems to have benefit.

Kick-ass Immune. (Yeah, I don't like the name either). This is a tincture that is available at your local health food outlet. For kids it's called "Kick-it Immune". Add the directed amount to water and drink. It doesn't taste very good, but it works.

We do the Kick-it Immune with the kids after being out at the mall, or places where they touch everything and don't wash their hands as often as they should or when they are around other kids who are sick.

And of course - WATER.

I also take a multivitamin.

I've also had my kids on a daily chewable called Immune Boost - also available at the health food store.

Since we've done this, we have had nearly zero illnesses in the house and my VO business not had one client turned down because of a bad voice.

Hope it helps.

-Dan

RSS

© 2019   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service