Ok so.....I'm in the market for a new mic and possible preamp/processor. But whenever I post a tech-related question, I get all the guys answering! (no offense, guys :) As we all know, male and female voices differ greatly, and I would really like to hear what some of you ladies have equipment wise. I understand that even within our gender our voices vary quite a bit, but I think it would help narrow things down a little more for me.

Right now I have the workhorse.....the classic RE-20. I've done very well with this mic, but it's really for broadcast AND it's time in my career for an upgrade. The RE-20 goes into my 8-channel Behringer mixer, which in turn goes into my Dell laptop where i have Cool Edit (the old version of Adobe Audition) installed as my trusty software. As a mobile setup I still use the RE-20 mic, which goes into my M-Box mini and into the Dell laptop again, but because the M-box serves as the mixer/preamp and ONLY works with Pro Tools, I reluctantly use that for my recording software when I'm on the road.

So, if any females would care to share what they use on the following, I would appreciate it. If you have a mobile setup, please include that stuff too and let me know it's mobile.

-mic
-preamp/processor/compressor
-mixer
-audio software
-computer, MAC or PC

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Trish Basanyi

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Trish!

I'll share! Here's what I have:

Sennheiser 416
Symetrix 528e
Mackie 802-VLZ3
ProTools
PC

It works well for me. No complaints so far! I might get a Mac soon, but we'll see about that.

I'll be curious to know what you end up doing! Good luck! Caryn

RSS

© 2019   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service