I know many of you've been curious as to what some game scripts might look like. It's so hard to impart what I'd want from each character as far as voice, acting, amount of emoting etc, but I am attaching a few things I've cut and pasted together the best I could with some descriptions and pictures if I have any.
Again, I can provide more, but as you might imagine there are loads of genres and all kinds of needs so this is just a start.
Thanks,
Lani

Views: 8510

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If anyone can't open the word doc, let me know and I'll convert it to a PDF. Have fun!
Sure JS,
Everyone is free to upload anything they want here. I could even upload one of the worst scripts I've ever had to work on.
Well here is an excerpt from a character called Brainless Randy. He was damaged in a fire so this was the Asian way of making him sound rather retarded. Fortunately for us, the Japanese producer who had done placeholders decided to use his stuff instead of us doing it. Can't say he was convincing but if the client was used to hearing him and they were satisfied, I had to back off.\
Check out this excerpt:

>Introducing CANNINGHAM E

K001 BRAINLESS RANDY: urahghrghurarughraurehatugr…
K002 BRAINLESS RANDY: Grr!

> JORG’S THEORY E (BRAINLESS RANDY VERSION)
K003 BRAINLESS RANDY: Arr..guejnaigu!
K004 BRAINLESS RANDY: Ugrraaaa!
K005 BRAINLESS RANDY: Auf, riukdjaojfieua!
K006 BRAINLESS RANDY: dkalureijgoijg!
K007 BRAINLESS RANDY: riudaodioa!

>CANNINGHAM DISAPPEARS E (BRAINLESS RANDY)
K008 BRAINLESS RANDY: urrgurr.
K009 BRAINLESS RANDY: ruugrr.
K010 BRAINLESS RANDY: ruuugherr.
K011 BRAINLESS RANDY: rrugiessrr.

>MORGUE E (BRAINLESS RANDY)
K012 BRAINLESS RANDY: dskjfld
K013 BRAINLESS RANDY: diufsd
K014 BRAINLESS RANDY: dftujhdsio

>CANNINGHAM’S BAD DEED E (BRAINLESS RANDY)
K015 BRAINLESS RANDY: aririririrrr.
K016 BRAINLESS RANDY: rruredidf.

>CASE SOLVED E ( BRAINLESS RANDY)
K017 BRAINLESS RANDY: ruriur.
K018 BRAINLESS RANDY: ruriur.
K019 BRAINLESS RANDY: ruriur.
J.S.

I know this is an old post and not sure if you're still following it, but I'd love to see some more gaming scripts !
Tell me what kind of scripts you'd prefer Melanie. Maybe give me your email addy and I can send it directly. Cheers,
Lani
Hi Lani,

Thanks for the offer. Maybe things that are good for a lower register - although a stretch might be nice. For gaming, I've done mostly things like Ice Dragon, Egyptian Royalty, Mythological characters, etc. although I do have some quirky little voices and dialects and I've done a little anime. I have also done some military pilot voices. Something with some meat to it or enough length to develop a bit more character? I should work toward a new gaming demo, and would welcome professional guidance. My email is: melanie@melaniehaynes.com

Thanks!
These are great! Thanks.

Benjamin
Great material, Lani. Thank you!

I recognize some of this stuff...hehe.
Cool, Lani. These are very helpful. Thanks for sharing them with us!
- Amy
Thanks Lani,
These are great....they'll come in very handy!
Cheers!
Steve
Thanks for posting these. A big help.
Hey Lani!

Thanks for the play-toys!!
Happy to help Dina. I just posted something on my Ask a Casting Director group about peaks and valleys in recordings that you might find useful too.
Take good care and be well.

RSS

© 2019   Created by VU - Founder - Zurek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service