Time: September 1, 2009 from 6:30pm to 10pm
Location: The VoiceActing Academy
Street: 13639 Freeport Road
City/Town: San Diego
Website or Map: http://www.voiceactingacademy…
Event Type: 8-week, freshman, workshop, san, diego, california, alburger, &, abshire, voiceacting, academy
Organized By: Penny Abshire
Latest Activity: Jun 13, 2009
Our goal is to give you the best training in acting for voiceover that you will find anywhere - and that can take some time. If you’re in a hurry to learn some basic skills our Weekend Workshop may be what you’re looking for. But if you’re in the San Diego area, we highly recommend our 8-week workshop so you’ll get the most out what you will learn.
You will learn powerful new ways to use your voice to connect with your audience to "sell" your message, and you will learn how to work with a variety of different types of scripts. Although our workshop focuses on acting for voiceover, The Art of Voice Acting 8-Week Workshop is all about using acting, voiceover, and performing techniques for more effective communication in every area of your life.
How do we do this?
· You’ll receive personalized one-on-one coaching throughout the workshop.
* You’ll get the information you need to know to be successful as a voice actor and communicator.
* You’ll learn "tricks of the trade" and other tools you can use to immediately improve the way you communicate with others.
* We give you homework assignments most weeks that will keep you on track and help to rapidly develop your performing skills.
In The Art of Voice Acting
8-Week Workshop you will:
* Learn what the voiceover business is all about and how voice acting will make you a better performing artist, speaker or salesperson.
* Learn the performing skills you need to have to make money as a full-time or part-time voiceover artist.
* Learn how to "get off the page" when working with any script.
* Learn how to market your talent to producers and agents.
* Each section of the workshop focuses on a specific area of voice-over:
o Section 1: The Seven Core Elements of Voiceover Performance & other techniques - the tools you need.
o Section 2: Telling the story - Finding emotion and drama in a script.
o Section 3: How to create interesting and unique “real-people character voices.”
o Section 4: Character voices, part 2 - more “real-people” and character voices for animation and special applications.
o Section 5: Developing skills for listening and responding - Improvisation and single-voice work.
o Section 6: How to work with dialog and multiple-voice copy.
o Section 7: How to find and tell the story in complex technical scripts.
o Section 8: Q & A forum. and the business of voiceover AND PIZZA!
There are lots of audio examples and you’ll work on-mic with one-on-one coaching throughout the workshop. Each of your sessions is recorded.